Our Sunday Worship occurs at both 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and we follow the green Book of Alternative Services at both services (BAS).
In our sung praises we are lead by a music team using a variety of instruments from organ to piano and guitar and on occasion other instruments like the trumpet. The music is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We draw from three different books: the 1998 Anglican hymn book “Common Praise”, the (green) “Songs for a Gospel People”, and our own collection of contemporary liturgical music.
Throughout the year, we enjoy evening services of Choral Evensong, which follow the Book of Common Prayer (BCP) as well as the more contemporary Praise & Worship service.
For services held from September to June, we have Sunday School for ages 4 and up during the 10 a.m. service as well as a supervised nursery for ages 4 and under. There is an opportunity for weekly fellowship during the coffee hour following the 10 a.m. service.
The parish of St. Barnabas is alive with worship and service throughout the year. Please look on our Ministries page to see the many ways the parish of St. Barnabas is led to serve Our Lord.
Each Sunday (except in the summer months - July and August):
- Sunday School for ages 4 to 9 years during the 10 a.m. service.
- There is a supervised nursery in the basement for children under the age of four at 10 am service only.
- Summer Worship time 10:00 a.m.
Weekly Sunday Fellowship:
- A coffee and fellowship time is held in the church basement hall following the 10 a.m. service.
- There is a mid-week bible study every Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. This is followed by a celebration of Holy Eucharist (except summer).
- There is a weekly Youth Bible Study. For more information, contact the church office by calling 584-4131.